24 March 2011

An Interview with Melbourne's counter manager...Suzanne


Spotlight on: New Melbourne Counter Manager, Suzanne Rizk

Suzanne has recently joined Illamasqua (as in very recently, this week!) as their wonderful new Counter Manager. 

Tell us about yourself - how did you come to do make-up?

I've always had a passion for make-up.  Ever since I was a little girl I would raid my mother's make-up case and apply it in all the wrong places! Makeup wasn't something that I could afford to do full time. For the past eight years I've been an accounts manager, working Monday to Friday 9 – 5, and on weekends I would work as a freelance make-up artist. That's when I could unleash my creative side and where I felt most comfortable.




What attracted you to Illamasqua?

The images from the Art of Darkness Collection absolutely blew me away.  I felt so inspired - I had never seen anything like it!  After that I wanted to find out more and that was when I discovered Illamasqua and fell in love.  From that moment I knew that I had to be a part of the brand.  You can't compare Illamasqua to any other cosmetics brand in the world. It was so refreshing to discover something so professional and unique!


What are your favourite pieces from the Toxic Nature collection?

The cream pigments are my absolute favourites. I'm loving the simplicity of these formulations and how easy they are to work with. I'm also a huge fan of the fabulous Precision Ink in Glister, it's so original and fresh.



What are your Illamasqua favourites in your personal make up kit?

Illuminator in Halcyon - I can't do my makeup without this anymore. It's a great highlighter and I find that it works incredibly well as an eye primer. I'm always on the hunt for the best mascara and the Volume mascara in Harness is the perfect formulation for full, sexy lashes.  I also use Lipstick in Diablo for that edgy look that I love! 

Illuminator in Halcyon


What are your favourite must have Illamasqua pieces for Winter?

Nail Varnish in Stagnate is a definite must have. It’s the perfect shade for winter and goes with absolutely everything! Cream Pigment in Mould to create the perfect wintery smokey eye, and I also use this on the lips. And Powder Blusher in Beg to add warmth to the cheeks. 

Cream Pigment in Mould


What are you looking forward to for 2011?

Settling back in to Melbourne after being away for so long, embracing this new chapter of my life and of course ...rocking the Melbourne Illamasqua counter! 



2 comments:

  1. the toxic nature makeup on the ads is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! I completely applaud you coming from a gal who works 9-5 and freelance on the weekend. I wish you the best! I love Illamasqua products, texture and the beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!