15 December 2010

Box News Flash! 2010 Highlights

As we wrap up 2010 [it's only 16 days until 2011!] we wanted to do a couple of blog posts with two of the key figures at Illamasqua - Julian Kynaston, Founder and Joint MD and Alex Box, Creative Director.

Today, we have a special interview with Alex Box to find out what 2010 has brought her both personally and professionally, what has inspired her and what is exciting her about 2011...


What has 2010 brought to your life?

More time thousands of feet in the air, more laughter, more sadness, more pleasure, more stress, more friends, more morons, more political militancy.

What has excited and inspired you most in 2010 as the Creative Director of Illamasqua?

Our fans and the people who work for us ... I do it for you guys and you feed your excitement and belief straight back. We are in this together and I feel like we can all change the world arm in arm ... I love the Illamonsters!

I might trade mark that ... and what has been your favourite creative contribution for this year and why?

I feel really blessed that I'm in a life that I love and that I love what I do; creating magical worlds and images to evoke thought and charge passion and challenge conjecture. Over time I've gathered with like minds - like attracts like - Gareth Pugh, Nick Knight, Nichola Formechetti and Karl Lagerfeld are visionaries that have created some amazing work this year, but I have to say the Spring Summer 2011 campaign that we just shot was a culmination of all that love for fantasy and artistry in make-up ... a beautifully crafted collaboration...


What has been the standout from the Illamasqua collections of 2010 for you?

The products are as rich as the images, each as individual as the characters. I love the Queen of te Gypsies and Androgyny from the AW10 Art of Darkness collection; both different ends of the spectrum and both utterly glamorous and seductive.



What did you most enjoy about the Masterclasses you hosted for Illamasqua across the Selfridges stores?

The instant feedback and connection to our fans and consumers, creating looks live to an audience is both a thrill and a sense of theater I really enjoy.

Going forward in to 2011, what are you most looking forward to?

Creating more moving, exciting and thought provoking imagery for everyone to devour and be inspired by, I'm already working on drawings and ideas for AW11 and it's thrilling, mysterious... I'm also looking forward to the reactions to SS11!

What is your New Year's Resolution for 2011?

To blow people's minds, capture the hearts and move the souls...


Get inspired by Alex Box by Rankin, the perfect Christmas present for the budding or professional artist, make-up artist, designer, stylist, photographer or enthusiast! Click here for more details.

1 comment:

  1. Alex Box is one if not my biggest inspiration.

    I love Illamasqua and everything it stands for in this pink, glittery, sheer world :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!