17 August 2010

Inception Gets The Illamasqua Treatment...

Spob - Head of Professional Development and Training - took a few months off last year to work on one of the best films of the year in 'Inception' - the mind-boggling Sci-fi film by Director Christopher Nolan of Dark Knight, Memento and Insomnia film - starring the fantastic Leonardo di Caprio, Tom Hardy and Marion Cottilard amongst other Hollywood heavyweights.

I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it, but seriously - you've got to go and see this film. This is why I was so excited to learn that Spob was Key Hair Stylist on the film! I asked her about it...

"As Key Hair Stylist on 'Inception' it was my responsibility to create and look after the main artists hair. As you know my love of all things Illamasqua meant I could easily transfer my make up knowledge and use Illamasqua pieces to help achieve the desired looks.

Illamasqua’s Powder Eye Shadow in 'Wolf', a fabulous pigment easy to blend into the hair line.

I also used Illamasqua’s Brow & Lash Gel by painting it onto individual hair for control. The hair stayed matt on screen without drying out and washed out easily.

Sealing Gel is king and using it with Powder Eye Shadow in 'Justify' makes a great dark blonde for using on the scalp.

When attaching a wig, the actors natural hair can be different colours and sometimes this can be a problem [close ups lighting etc.] So, before the wig is place sometimes I would brush Powder Eye Shadow mixed with Sealing Gel and paint. This would then be left to dry matt and perfect -you would never know!

Then Illamasqua brushes have no end in terms of use; the Lip Brush is the BEST brush on the market to use with gluing down lace fronted wigs.

The Angled Eye Liner brush for creating soft gentle hair like licks with Powder Eye Shadow.


Eye Shadow Brush - used with alcohol to remove glue from wig lash - is gentle and does not effect the wig lace. So many tricks I used with the brushes but the best was when I cut hair I use the new Kabuki brush to clear away hair on actors neck and you could hear them purring in the chair!"

I also bugged her for backstage photos but alas! the film was clouded in such secrecy that no cameras or phones were allowed on set to stop any details potentially leaking. You have to be impressed of these days of twitter, facebook, youtube and gossip sites that the film was released with only the mind-bending trailer [click here to watch] to whet the appetite.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this film! Indeed it was one of the best films so far this year (along with Toy Story 3!) I do love your brushes. The highlighter brush is probably my most used one.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!