12 April 2010

Nobody's Daughter


One of the most anticipated album launches of the last ten years, Nobody's Daughter is the new album from Hole, due to launch on April 26th, to download or purchase in stores. Offer 3 includes a piece of Illamasqua that is currently a staple of Courtney's make-up bag; either Lipstick in 'Maneater', Liquid Metal in 'Solstice' or Medium Pencil in 'Sophie' could be winging it's way to you with a signed vinyl, unreleased photo collection and Hole messenger bag as well as the album!


Nearly five years in development, Nobody's Daughter showcases Courtney's raw, soulful voice and honest, heart breaking lyrics. My personal favourites? I love 'Samantha' and 'Skinny White Bitch' which I was lucky enough to see performed at the NME Awards show on February 17th, with Sylvia Lancaster also a VIP guest [second from left].

Courtney Love has always been a personal inspiration of mine with her baby doll grunge look in the 90s and dramatic, smeared make-up prompting Rolling Stone magazine to dub her "The most controversial woman in rock".

Finally, I couldn't post about Courtney without posting this brilliant image by the ever-original David la Chapelle of Courtney depicted as the Virgin Mary in a pieta scene...

Oh, and if you don't follow Courtney on twitter, I suggest you do...!

4 comments:

  1. I adore Courtney Love! That smudgey,sexy,smokey eye was my inspiration in high school, ahaha.
    And her music quite literally speaks for itself.
    Can't wait to hear the new album and getting an Illamasqua product too?
    The mail man better watch his fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to LOVE Hole, I will have to check this out definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved Courtney's varying looks - trashy/glam one second and uber-chic the next!! She's an inspiration! I'm so glad Hole have got some new stuff coming out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. is there some way to choose which makeup one receives? i really want that lipstick..

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!