20 November 2009

Product of the Week: Medium Pencil in Severe

Due to the rapidly diminishing sunshine hours of London at the moment [total today: approx. 12 minutes...] I think that an autumnal colour deserves the accolage of Product of the Week.

When Alex Box became Creative Director of Illamasqua, the pencils were one of the most important products for her; "I wanted a product that could be used anywhere - face art, body art etc. I wanted to leave the interpretation of the product up to the user rather than saying "This MUST be used on the eyes or this MUST be used on the lips. It's just a stick of intense, matt colour."

The Illamasqua Medium Pencils are unique because of the formulation, versatility and colour intensity. The creamy consistency means that they can be used in place of [or underneath] lip products, yet are also long wearing and smudge-proof on the eyes or for scrawling all over the body!

Both Halimah [Product Development intern and working make-up artist] and I love 'Severe' for the deep wine stain that it leaves on the lips. Personally, I like an eye pencil to be as bold on the waterline as much as on the actual skin and for this reason, I believe the Illamasqua Medium Pencils to be one of the best pencils on the market.

As you can see above, it creates a flawless matt finish. I am all about the matt, but if you like a glossy look, just slick a clear gloss on top. Nothing says autumn has officially arrived like a burgundy lip!

6 comments:

  1. I am in love with Illamasqua! I have Box (the MOST amazing red lipstick), Encounter and just ordered Tramp. The sealing gel, eye liner cake and eye brow cake are superb as well! I am grateful to be able to order on-line at Sephora and wished all the stores will stock the line - my question is - will the line be expanding to include these killer pencils in the USA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi!

    I didn't find a contact email on your website, but I want to know if
    Obey lipstick has been discontinued or if it is only temporarily unavailable;

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that colour looks amazing, something i would never look at but now so badly want

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shrinky Inky - we are working on this! Will keep you updated through the blog.

    pinkicedcupcake - It's fabulous!

    Mari - Only temporarily unavailable! It has a waiting list in stores at the moment so you are not the only one waiting for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The medium pencils are on my Christmas list and I pray to the Santa Gods that I get some.

    Ex

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this colour! Darn it! Ill never be a rich woman :(

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!